Erdenheim Dental Exams & Cleanings
The Care You Need for the Smile You Want!
At Chesheim Dental Associates, we recommend that our patients visit for a thorough dental exam and cleaning at least every six months.
Dental Exams and Checkups include:
- A thorough examination by the doctor
- A gentle, deep cleaning by our hygienist using Ultrasonic Scalers
- Our practice uses the Cavitron for advanced hygiene treatment. This hand-held tool offers a safe, effective and painless alternative to traditional gum cleaning methods. It uses high frequency ultrasonic waves and water to gently clean the above and below the gum line. So gentle, it can provide deep cleaning and gum therapy, many times without the need to become numb.
- Digital or panoramic x-rays when indicated. We will begin your visit by taking a series of digital x-rays. These x-rays are larger, clearer and more detailed than traditional film x-rays, allowing us to get a better picture of your oral health almost immediately. (They don’t need time to “develop.”) They are also safer for you, offering a significant decrease in your exposure to radiation. They are also safer for the environment. Digital x-rays do not need chemicals or paper to be developed, so there is no waste to dispose of.
- Intraoral camera exam. This pen-sized camera takes video of your teeth, and then projects the live, magnified image onto a computer screen in the treatment room. This gives us a real-time, close-up look at your teeth and gums, helping us detect any decay, cracked or leaking fillings or other problems. This technology also helps us diagnose problems early, while they’re small, and easier and more affordable to correct.
- Oral cancer screening
- Fluoride treatment (children every visit; adults as needed)
Computerized Treatment Rooms
To provide all this technology to you, all of our treatment rooms are fully computerized. All your records, treatment plans, test results, images, etc. are on our computer system and readily available to anyone on our team. The computer helps maintain continuity and quality of care.
For all our anxious patients – no matter what age – we offer the relaxation of Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas).
CAESY Education System
Dental technology and treatments are always evolving. We know that our patients don’t always know of the dental care and treatments that are available and what they can do for them.
To help you make the most informed decisions for your care, we offer the CAESY Patient Education Program. CAESY is presented to you on a DVD player and offers video, animation and more to thoroughly explain a variety of dental treatments.