If you’re unhappy with your teeth, there are several ways we can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. At our Erdenheim dental office, there are many cosmetic dentistry solutions available to enhance your look. However, one of the most common procedures is dental veneers.
What Are Veneers Used For?
Veneers can be used to fix multiple problems. Whether there is a slight gap in your front teeth or you want to make all teeth appear even in length and proportionate in shape, veneers can eliminate the need for several treatments while giving you the smile you want. Veneers can be used to correct:
- Teeth discolored by root canal, stains, or large fillings
- Worn or ground-down teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Misalignment, unevenness, or irregularities in shape
- Gaps between teeth
What is the Process?
- Consultation. This is the first step to your veneer treatment plan. You and your dentist in Erdenheim will talk about the results you’d like achieve and have honest conversation to determine if veneers are an appropriate solution for you. A treatment plan will be developed and you can start your veneer treatment.
- Preparation. Preparing a tooth for a veneer includes removing a thin layer of enamel from the tooth’s surface to make a space for the veneer to be placed. Your dentist will send your permanent veneer to a dental laboratory to be molded using specific measurements and color direction. While you wait for the permanent veneer, a temporary may be placed.
- Bonding. Using an artistic eye, your dentist will determine the proper place for your veneer to create a natural-looking fix. When it’s ready, your tooth will be cleaned and etched to give the adhesive something to hold on to. A bonding material will then be used to adhere the veneer to your tooth, creating a strong, long-lasting hold.
If you’ve been waiting to get the smile of your dreams, give our dental office in Erdenheim a call. We’ll schedule an initial consultation, talk about your smile goals, and determine whether veneers are the best option for you.
Serving patients in Erdenheim, Flourtown, and Chestnut Hill.